Sunday, April 21, 2013

twenty-five

I'm home... again.

I'm back from my second work trip since the beginning of this month, but I'm not complaining at all. I love visiting our other offices and having the opportunity to work face-to-face with colleagues that are usually just on the phone.

I was in North Carolina for work this week, and I got home on Friday afternoon. As it turns out, I didn't really get much knitting time, since the flight is less than an hour. It was a wonderful trip, though. For your benefit, I won't get into any boring details, but let me just say, it was a great week to be at work. Great job, great people, great time. Okay, that's enough shop talk.

Now for the knitting...

I'm working on an infinity scarf for my youngest sister, Jennifer. I was wearing this one over the holidays, and she really loved it. Well, you know me... any excuse to get some madelinetosh and I'm on board. I started the Summer Wind Scarf just before I went to North Carolina, and I've almost reached the halfway point. I chose this pattern because my sister lives in Mississippi, and it's HOT down there. The pattern calls for fingering weight yarn, and is a little bit lacy. She'll be wearing it more for color than warmth. I totally LOVE the color, and it's something I'd never use for myself. This colorway is a mix of coral and pink called "espadrilles," and it's fabulous. The details are on my ravelry project page, and here's a picture showing my progress so far.


Is anyone else planning on going to the Waynesburg Sheep & Fiber Festival? It's the weekend of May 18-19, and it seems like a good time. Waynesburg is a little over an hour away, but I've taken much longer trips for yarn. I've never been to this festival before, but I think I might go, and even bring James! I was planning on going last year, but it just didn't happen. There is one major difference between the last two festivals and this one that will really help me sell this to my husband... beer. Also, there's going to be livestock! It's looking like we'll go, but I haven't confirmed it for sure. 

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about knitting a Summer Wind cowl; seeing yours adds to that desire.

    As for the Sheep & Fiber Fest, some day you guys should try to come down to Maryland S&W. There's a whole mess of livestock, and the music is quite good, too -- a bit of a Celtic music fest on the side, if you will. My partner managed to get into a sheep breed walk with Deborah Robson, but I didn't make the cut. Alas! I'll have to find something else to do on my own for a couple hours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should knit one! The pattern's super easy, and it's perfect for that one lonely hank of sock yarn languishing in your stash.

      Have fun at Maryland S&W! James and I won't make it this year, but hopefully next year.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...