Wednesday, July 24, 2013

thirty-three

It's all happening!

Well, kind of...

It will all happen, but at least it's started happening.

We are moving to Orlando, Florida! (which, by the way, is the BIG news)

We really love Orlando, and have family there as well. Also, we love Disney World. And Universal. And anything touristy about the area. It's going to be awesome!

So... A few weeks ago (although it feels like forever now), James was presented with a job offer from his company. The offer was great, but would require us to relocate. And this is not a "make the commute shorter" kind of relocation, it's a big one. After discussing it at length for a few days, he decided to take the job.

The following Monday was the most anxious I've ever been, that I can remember. We had decided that James was taking the job, but I still had to talk to my boss. I told him the whole story, and that this was simply an offer we couldn't refuse. I really didn't want to leave my job, and so I asked if there was any possible way I could keep my position and work remote. He agreed (almost immediately), and put the wheels in motion to get this transfer approved. Three weeks later, it's now 100% official, and I'm so excited! I really love my job, and I would have been so sad to leave the position, and the wonderful team.

So now we have one thing left to do... Sell the house. Our house has been on the market for three weeks exactly, we've had 8 or 9 showings, and our open house went very well. So far, we have a lot of interest, but no offers. My cousin told me that it takes (on average) 62 days to sell a house, but I hope it happens a little faster. We are priced to sell, and the fact that we've seen so much interest so fast (at least for our area) is encouraging.

James leaves for Orlando in 10 days, and he'll stay with his sister while I stay in Pittsburgh and try to sell our house. Once the house is sold, I'll pack up the U-Haul with my Dad (and the dog), and we'll drive down to Orlando to meet James. There's still a long road ahead of us, and I'm not looking forward to being apart, but we decided that this option is best.

So, that brings me to my next question... Does anyone have any LYS recommendations for Orlando? I've found a few websites, but it's always better to hear from a shopper, I think. I may be moving to Florida, but I'm still going to knit. And knit. And knit.

Speaking of knitting, there hasn't been much on my needles lately. I guess this whole moving and packing and selling the house thing has slowed me down. That being said, I may lay a little low for a while, but I'll knit when I can (as I always have). I am working on a test knit, but I can't really mention that here... yet.

PS - Has anyone grabbed a copy of the Interweave Harry Potter Knits Magazine yet? I have a copy on hold at Natural Stitches, which I'll pick up this weekend. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...